I know, it’s only November but I felt like devoting some time to what I wanted to achieve in the New Year. But first, I wanted to revisit my resolutions from last year which I set on the 20th of November after some major changes in my life. I won’t bore you with the details, but the resolutions centered around a few common themes:
- Expanding my social circle – establishing new connections and repairing and reinforcing old ones.
- Engage in interesting and fun activities when I didn’t have Jacob
- Improved personal care and health
- Nurturing my creativity
- Completing jobs around the home
I have done well in most areas and while I could do more around the home in terms of unfinished jobs, I am quite happy. I have several new friendships and a relationship. I have completed two papers in Anthropology at University and devote regular time to learning about spirituality. I have a better social life than I have ever had in my life and I write this blog every week as an expression of my creativity.
So this coming year, I want to do more of all of those things. But I also want to set myself some new goals…
1. Taking up a new hobby – swimming maybe
2. Learn a new skill – want to learn how to write apps
3. Find a new cause to help – decided I needed a change in direction – have a few ideas
4. Spend much of the summer outside as possible
5. Listen to a new piece of music every week
Just a few ideas to start with…I will refine them as I go. I like looking back after a few months and reminding myself of what my intentions were….
Do you do New Year Resolutions? Do they work for you? And when do you start thinking about them?