It is nearly 2 months since I broke up with the Englishman. Life has settled down and things feel a lot more at equilibrium. I have come down from my euphoric high of a few weeks ago. I knew it wouldn’t last, but I will certainly remember it for the rest of my life.
With 2015 just around the corner, it is time to put some thoughts on paper about where I am heading and what I want out of the new year. November is usually when I start the process.
In 2012 this was what I wanted for the coming year:
- Expanding my social circle – establishing new connections and repairing and reinforcing old ones.
- Engage in interesting and fun activities when I didn’t have Jacob
- Improved personal care and health
- Nurturing my creativity
- Completing jobs around the home
In November 2013 I wrote these goals down for this year:
1. Taking up a new hobby – swimming maybe
2. Learn a new skill – want to learn how to write apps
3. Find a new cause to help – decided I needed a change in direction – have a few ideas
4. Spend much of the summer outside as possible
5. Listen to a new piece of music every week
And now, looking forward to the New Year, I have a different view of what I want…
- I want more truth in my life. For me to be able show up fully to the people in my life and for the people in my life to show me exactly who they are. No masks, no coverups and above all no lying.
- I want more kindness in my life. A life where being kind matters more than being right.
- I want to be guided by love and not fear in my decision making.
- I want to live a more compassionate life and be around people who are compassionate.
- I want to give more and learn to receive with grace.
- I want to spend more time around people who share these values
- I want to live more days where I am aligned with these core values than not..